...a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor. Isaiah 61:3

9/14/09

More Than I Could Have Ever Imagined

I thought I could do this blog thing about Salem fairly often, but boy was I wrong. Taking care of him is much more involved than I could have ever imagined.

I know Courtney does most of the work, but man! I never thought he'd need us as much as he does.

Throughout all of this, the love I have for my wife and child is way more than I could have ever imagined. I never though I was capable of loving, needing, and wanting two people so much (as much) as I do the two of them.

Guys, you think you love your wife now; have a child and see what happens. It's amazing. She gets more beautiful everyday. All the things she does seem more amazing and overwhelming. Your weaknesses will show and you're need for more of her love, support and help will be increased. You will find yourself staring at her for immeasurable amounts of time, and smiling without even being able to explain why you look so silly. You'll miss your favorite TV shows and movies just because she was in the room with you and you got distracted by her strength, beauty, willingness, servant hood, perfection,... AWESOMENESS!!!!

Thank you Jesus for giving me just a small glimpse of how much you love me.

5 comments:

Courtney Nicole said...

I'm speechless. I love you.

Jennifer Snook said...

That is so sweet Jeff!!! congrats to both of you for all that you have together!!! May you have many, many years of happiness together!!!

Scarletpilgrimage said...

That's an awesome post! Too sweet!

Unknown said...

You always did get the best weed...., I'm kidding man. What an awesome thing for you to express.

Dawny said...

Just wait til you have been married 34+ years and Salem gives you a grandchild....I only thought I loved you all I was able to. It truly does get better over time. I love you all so much! God has truly blessed us all beyond our wildest dreams.